Findlay, Ohio and the greater Findlay-Hancock County is an ideal place to live and work; I was born and raised in Findlay and couldn't be more proud to call it home. Findlay is located approximately 46 miles South of Toledo and 96 miles North of Columbus and is known for its strong public school system, rich array of outdoor and cultural activities, and supportive business culture.
Eight public golf courses, dozens of campgrounds, hundreds of unique shopping locations, and more than 3,000 acres of parks and recreation offer area Findlay residents an outstanding quality of life. Findlay also has one of the most respected healthcare and public school systems in the state of Ohio, and its police and fire departments are equally highly ranked.
Findlay, Ohio has long been a haven for businesses with more than a dozen high-profile Fortune 500 companies calling it home. Both Cooper Tire and Marathon Petroleum are headquartered in Findlay and Whirlpool, Cardinal Health, and Japanese company, Nissin Brake, have sizable operations here. Recently, Findlay has been grown in popularity among international businesses with an additional seven Japanese companies, two Canadian firms, and three German enterprises are located in Findlay-Hancock County.
While these local, national, and international businesses help strengthen our economy, Findlay, Ohio will always remain a close-knit and compassionate community. Take a look at some of Findlay, Ohio's awards and recognitions below.
Findlay, Ohio Awards & Recognitions
- BizJournals.com identified Findlay as one of the top 40 “Dream Towns” in the U.S. for its strong economy, moderate cost of living, well-educated population, manageable traffic, and ease of access to many urban centers
- Findlay-Hancock County was ranked among the best micropolitan communities in the nation by Site Selection Magazine
- Ohio Magazine named the City of Findlay the “Best Hometown in Northwest Ohio”.
- Findlay is the only city in Ohio to have been named one of the “100 Best Communities for Young People” for three years running by America’s Promise Alliance, an organization founded by Colin Powell
My Local Favorites
- Favorite Pizza Places - Jac & Do's Pizza, Bellacino's Pizza & Grinders
- Favorite Annual Event - Flag City Balloon Fest
- Favorite Hotel for Guests - Hancock Hotel in Downtown Findlay
- Favorite Outdoor Activity - Local parks festivities and downtown events
- Favorite Date Night Idea - Downtown establishments
- Favorite Resturants - Rossilli's, Tokyo Steak House, and Mancy's Steak House
- Favorite Coffee Shops - Coffee Amici and Fort Findlay Coffeee & Doughnut Shoppe
- Favorite Pubs and Breweries - Alexandria's, Logan's, and Gatherine Wine Est
- Favorite Breakfast Spot - Café Marie and Cracker Barrell